"Keep me, O Lord, from the HANDS of the wicked" (Psalms 140:4)


Pages on this blog......

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sometimes I would spout verses from this Book in poker chat

You never know which villain at the table may have had a traumatic, twisted religious upbringing!  If I can make a difference in just one person (i.e. tilt an opponent or stymie an aggressive play) then isn't it worthwhile?

PSALM 140
  1. Deliver me, O LORD, from the evil man: preserve me from the violent man;
  2. Which imagine mischiefs in their heart; continually are they gathered together for war.
  3. They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent; adders' poison is under their lips. Selah.
  4. Keep me, O LORD, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from the violent man; who have purposed to overthrow my goings [....]

No comments:

Post a Comment