"Keep me, O Lord, from the HANDS of the wicked" (Psalms 140:4)


Pages on this blog......

Sunday, November 28, 2010

El Cortez → McCarran International

(LAS VEGAS, AUGUST 4th)

From Koval & Tropicana I ask the lady behind the convenience store
counter whether to keep straight or turn left to walk to the airport,
whose Welcome To sign is visible across the street. "Walk!?" she
replies. Isn't it about a two minute cab ride? It will probably cost
$20 or less, she tells me. In this town where anything goes, I find it
likely she has never heard that one before.

As I type this, seated upon a rock shaded from the setting sun, tiny
red ants are making their way up my leg. Move on. No rest, they seem
to tell me.

I arrive at the baggage scale adjacent to the Westjet check-in at
7:35pm and learn that I have made this 4 hr portage, from Fremont &
Las Vegas Blvd, carrying nearly 40 additional lbs. Never doing THAT
again.

1 comment:

  1. didn't anyone tell you that you need $$$ to function in vegas? makes for a great story though.

    ReplyDelete